De-Code Automotive Jargon with Help from O?Brien Hyundai of Normal
Buying a new vehicle can be an overwhelming process as you try to decide which new Hyundai vehicles are your favorite and have the features that line up with your needs. Another difficult part of the car shopping can be trying to decipher all of those automotive terms. At O'Brien Hyundai of Normal, we’re here to help.
Technical and Service Terms
- Drivetrain – Drivetrain refers to the parts of the vehicle that transfers power to your vehicle’s wheels. Configurations include four-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and front-wheel drive. Depending on the system some can be distinguished by which wheels are receiving the most power and traction.
- Torque – Measured in pound-feet, torque is a measurement of an engine’s rotational force and impacts how quickly your car will accelerate.
- Horsepower – Horsepower is the measure of the output of power of your vehicle’s engine.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – While driving, adaptive cruise control will keep you a safe following distance from the vehicle in front of you, adjusting your speed, if need be.
- Hybrid – A Hyundai hybrid vehicle, refers to a model that utilizes both an engine and electric motor to power your car or SUV. Learn more about hybrid options at our Hyundai dealership near Champaign, IL.
- Equity – After financing your vehicle, its equity is the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its worth. (If you owe more than what its worth, this is considered negative equity.)
- OEM Parts – Referring to Original Equipment Manufacturer parts, OEM Parts are genuine Hyundai parts that come from the manufacturer. These are the replacement parts always used at our Hyundai service center.
- Hyundai SmartSense – This includes ten innovative features that utilize cameras, sensors, and radars to keep you safer on the road with 360 degrees of protection
- Hyundai Blue Link – This is connected car service including remote engine start with climate control, remote car finder, remote door lock and unlock, and more, all accessible from your smartphone. Learn more by speaking to our Hyundai dealers.
Things in the automotive industry are always evolving and changing, so this list will never be complete. So, if you still see or hear something you’re unsure about, feel free to reach out! You can contact our Hyundai dealership near Bloomington, IL, by calling 855-315-5241, or just stop by and see us at 600 Greenbriar Drive in Normal, IL. We’re happy to help!